HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a motivated As-Needed Biologist with critical thinking skills and a strong work ethic to join our Sacramento County and Placer County office (offices located in Roseville and Folsom) led projects in surrounding regions (i.e. San Francisco Bay, Sierra Nevada Foothills, and San Joaquin Valley). HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, landscape architecture, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, and Focused on Integrity. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we have robust, award-winning wellness and community volunteer programs and much more! We are excited to meet you!
This is an as-needed biologist position to provide assistance to our biology team during the busy season, or as required due to work demand. In addition to the requirements below, we are looking for candidates that demonstrate excellent communication skills, including using creativity and analytical skills to develop solutions for project challenges. Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and be a team player. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
Biology duties may include:
• Conducting biology and botanical surveys, including vegetation mapping, and/or focused species surveys.
• Conducting biological monitoring for construction/restoration projects.
• Managing personal workload and coordinate schedule with Project Managers and Group Managers as appropriate.
• Maintaining accurate field notes and maps, project files, work logs, etc.
• Providing high quality work products on schedule and within budget.
Biologist Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an environmental science, biology or related field (degree in biochemistry or microbiology not acceptable).
• Three years of experience (outside of academic requirements) as a professional biologist.
• Knowledge of Northern California flora and fauna.
• Experience with field data collection methods and equipment.
• Demonstrated experience preparing biological technical reports.
• Must be able to hike long distances over varying terrain under varying weather conditions.
• Valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record over the last 3 years.
Qualifications considered a plus:
• Permits from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to survey for listed species found in Northern California.
• Experience conducting special-status species surveys.
• A Master's degree or higher in biology, natural resources, or related field.
• Experience with conducting jurisdictional delineations, conducting California Rapid Assessment. Method (CRAM) analyses, and preparing Clean Water Act permit applications.
#biologist #biology #environmentalscience #flora #fauna #fieldcollection #surveys #jurisdictionaldelineations #CRAM #cleanwateract