Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
The Laboratory Supervisor receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to, the Business Unit Manager or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory. Acts as back up to Laboratory/Quality Manager in his/her absence.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Assist the Business Unit Manager in managing daily operations of the microbiology department including scheduling, supervising, instructing, monitoring, and assisting in the performance of manual and instrumental analyses.
- Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet customer commitments. This includes, but is not limited to, sample preparation for analysis, sample analyses, data review and reduction, and providing data interpretation and opinions.
- Has authority to execute a work stoppage in the event of a quality issue that would require the lab to stop operations until investigation gives assurance that work can begin.
- Work with direct supervisor or director to commence work as a result of a work stoppage.
- Use appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards, set by, government regulations, and company requirements, when performing assigned tasks.
- Promote the company image through the exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and Test Methods.
- Perform microbiological testing on client samples using appropriate instruments and techniques.
- Troubleshoot equipment/instruments utilized and performs minor repairs. Coordinate major instrument repairs with repair person(s). Establish and implement procedures to ensure that assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized, and adequate for the testing performed and is maintained in good working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating instructions, manuals, and required logbooks. Ensures all regulatory procedures pertaining to sample testing are followed correctly, if they are in normal course of work.
- Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keeps accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control results.
- Assist laboratory staff in making sure that analytical work done under quality system requirements.
- Review and evaluate test data generated within assigned area of responsibility for technical accuracy, as well as SOP and test method compliance. Perform and provide basic evaluation of statistical tests to determine the quality accuracy of data and report values.
- Investigate to determine the cause of non-conformances that are identified, determine and implement corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
- Create and review reports.
- Review applications, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions for the position reporting to this position.
- Train and document the training of assigned technical staff on test methods, formal SOPs, regulations, and laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility.
- Review annually the performance of personnel that report directly to this position and provide written reviews to the Business Unit Manager for approval.
- Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by the Business Unit Manager.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and coworkers; assures that clients are kept informed and their needs are met.
- Adhere to all pertinent company health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Perform bacterial/mold culture identifications as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required. (List three to five key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
HS diploma plus 5-7years laboratory experience
B.S. or B.A. in Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, or other life science. Experience in commercial laboratory. Exposure to ISO 17025 or ISO 9001 quality systems. Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
Experience in laboratory procedures, data analysis, computer operations, mathematics, and technical/business writing.
2-3 years supervisory experience in related field.
Must be able to organize and lead laboratory personnel in a manner that reflects corporate goals and objectives and schedule workflow so as to optimize laboratory productivity and client satisfaction in a cost effective manner.
Attention to detail
Complete work in timely manner
Work in team focused environment
Works well independently as well as part of a group
Willing to work overtime
This position is a Tuesday- Saturday 2:00pm-11:00pm
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work!
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.