Terviva is a food and agriculture company committed to transforming the food and agriculture industry by making food production more accessible and equitable to farmers, and more sustainable for our communities and our planet.
We develop and cultivate high yielding Pongamia trees that produce tasty and nourishing plant-based oil and protein food ingredients; hence our mantra is: Plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
We value and strive towards diversity and inclusion as an essential part of who we are. We recruit teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know our diversity makes us stronger.
Learn more at [
The Data Management and Processing Associate is a newly created job within the Tree Operations team which is responsible for owning and managing the entire global data management function for Tree Operations worldwide.
Reporting to the SVP of Tree Operations, this person will be tasked with developing the systems and processes required to capture, analyze, and present all the data related to the Global Tree Operations department. This position will play a critical role in guiding data-based decision-making by the Management team of Global Tree Operations. Furthermore, this position will play a vital role in both short term and long-term planning of programs and reporting progress to plans.
This position will have a direct and daily impact on a core Terviva value, Plant Millions of Trees to Feed Billions of People.
The primary responsibilities of this role as Data Entry & Processing Associate are:
* To support the Global Tree Operations team with their data needs.
* To collaborate and support short and long-term operations planning for the department
* To support quarterly and yearly budgeting processes
* To support data management and analysis for Tree Operations research activities
* Manage the quarterly and yearly inventory audit, both internal and external.
* Use software or ERP systems to do planning, data collection and data management to drive Global Tree Operations goals.
* Be able to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment.
* Explore innovative technologies/ideas to expand capacity, increase process efficiency and deploy novel technologies in data collection and crop management systems.
* Help develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement through workstream evaluation, idea sharing, innovation and technology adoption.
* Collaborate closely with scientists and key partners to ensure appropriate data package delivery and that the data is stored in appropriate company-approved databases.
Skills, Competencies & Experience:
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, proficiency in Microsoft & Google packages.
* Advanced excel and experience in data base management; experience in ERP Systems used in managing Tree or crop production would be an advantage.
* Demonstrated abilities to develop project plans, analyze and interpret data and ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment.
* Manages multiple projects and priorities; Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to effectively achieve business results.
* Capacity to communicate and work effectively with all management levels in a multi-cultural organization.
* Since the major focus of this role is data analysis and reporting, this job offers the flexibility of occasional remote work
* Spanish language skills are not required but are a plus.
Education & Background:
* BS. Degree in Math or Statistics or related fields.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for periods of time, as well as climb ladders, and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Working at Terviva offers you:
* The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, mission-driven company that
* intends to make an impact on sustainability, climate change and inequality by partnering with farmers to plant millions of trees to feed billions of people!
* Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
* Potential annual bonus.
* Stock options, commensurate with role and experience.
* Medical and dental, vision and life insurance (employee premium fully paid by Terviva.
* Generous leave package.
COVID-19 Recruiting Process in Place:
* Remote interview process will be followed.
* Personal protective equipment will be provided according to current safety guidelines
* Temperature screenings will be required for all in-person interviews
* Social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures are in place.
* Terviva requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before reporting for work.
To apply, please respond to the company position below.
Please include your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself, your experience and why you are well suited for this job with Terviva.
Terviva is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status or characteristic. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy and all employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need