Savannah Technical College is seeking a full time Welding program instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classroom and lab environments, building industry relationships, and assisting students with job placement. This is a grant-funded position, contingent upon receipt of funding.
* Instructs students, evaluates and records student progress in attaining goals and objectives.
* Advises/counsels students, maintains appropriate student records on each student; provides student registration assistance.
* Recruits new students to the Welding program, and manages student retention.
* Ensures safety requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory environments.
* Completes reports and responds to requests for information from internal and external departments and agencies.
* Monitors student use of supplies, materials, and equipment. Reports inventory and orders supplies/equipment as necessary.
* May serve on committees and/or work on projects with other instructional departments/divisions and school-wide planning.
* Follows all policies and procedures of Savannah Technical College.
* Flexible work schedule hours to include day/evening classes.
* Diploma in Welding from an accredited community college or technical school *or* three (3) years of documentable welding work experience.
* Must have three (3) years of welding work experience within the past three (3) years.
* Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills along with computer skills.
* Current American Welding Society Certification strongly preferred.
* Teaching experience at a postsecondary institution is strongly desired.
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) - four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee frequently lifts lightweight objects up to 50LBS. The work is performed in campus buildings and outdoors where the employee is occasionally exposed to cold or inclement weather. The exposure to dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, chemicals, and fumes is possible in the laboratory environment.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned
* Agency Logo:
* Requisition ID: EDU04BD
* Number of Openings: 1
* Shift: Variable