Our client is a drug discovery powerhouse obsessed with building better, safer therapeutics for major unmet medical needs. Their tools and multifaceted biological entities will redefine current approaches in the treatment of various diseases including cancer and autoimmunity. They are an innovative and growing company and have a highly energized and accomplished team with over two decades of innovative drug design experience. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated candidate to grow with this up-and-coming company.Position Information
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist for the role of Research Scientist 2. The position will be based in North Brunswick, New Jersey, and will directly report to the Chief Scientific Officer. Our client is a small start-up looking for an ambitious candidate eager to work in a fast-paced environment. Practical, ‘out-of-the-box thinking is required. Expertise in the area of Molecular Biology, mammalian and bacterial cloning, PCR, vector preps, transfections, sequencing, and bioinformatics is a must. Experience in cell-based assays, tumor biology and associated techniques (e.g., flow cytometry, ELISA), transfections, and antibody purification biochemistry (e.g., PAGE, Western blots) are a plus.
This position will require significant independent thinking and functioning. A successful candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact, are essential. Responsibilities (90% wet/lab work; 10% reporting)
- Design, set up, and run cell biological and immunological projects using phage display, peptide, and antibody screens, or other techniques.
- Analyze, graph, and report results. The ability to write lucidly is necessary.
- Generate technical reports, manuscripts, abstracts, presentations, and other forms of deliverables as required.
- Involvement in genome sequence analysis, assembly, and annotations leveraging information and knowledge creation from diverse genomics datasets and computational tools (e.g., BLAST, MEME/MAST, etc.).
Experience in one or more areas of computational biology is a plus:
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry or cell biology,
- 2+ years of industry or academic experience in a laboratory setting
- 2+ years of experience with molecular biological techniques and assays
- 2+ years technical experience with mammalian cell culture and biochemical techniques as it relates to this job description
- 2+ years with general laboratory techniques including PAGE, Western blots, PCR
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company is key
- Conducting independent data analysis and interpretation and generating reports as per specification
- Understand and apply statistical analysis methods
- Sequence related analysis, next-generation sequence data analysis (NGS)
- Gene expression analysis, RNA-seq, microarray, proteomics
- Bioinformatics/computational analysis
- Flow Cytometry
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as an environment where your contributions can make a significant difference.