United States of America - Florida, Jacksonville - FL
AECOM is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist to be based in Jacksonville, FL, and be part of our asbestos/lead/mold program which includes inspection, design/plan, and abatement oversight.
This position is expected to begin in October/November 2021.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates opportunities for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development megaproject, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world-class technical expertise, leading-edge technology, and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients clean up and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost-effectively manage residuals and wastes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following which will be performed within a geographic territory:
- Preparing reports and other technical documents.
- Compiling, evaluating, and analyzing environmental data
- Conducting asbestos surveys
- Conducting lead paint inspections
- Conducting mold / indoor air quality surveys
- Conducting universal and general hazard inventories surveys
- Travel up 75% of the time to multiple client sites
- Due to the nature of the industry, there are times when weekend and evening work will be required, potentially on short notice
- BS/BS and none and or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education.
- Valid US driver's license required
- DOT and RCRA Training
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Experience working in SharePoint platform
- Aerial Lift Experience
- Asbestos Certification
- Knowledge of environmental sampling practices
- Ability to record data neatly, accurately, and legibly
- Excellent attention to Health and Safety
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 256214BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.