This role offers a unique opportunity to build technical and advisory skills, enhance project management capabilities, and be at the forefront of a critical Department of Defense Environmental Program. The environmental professional will work closely with senior leaders and is ideal for professionals who would like to gain environmental technical execution experience and expertise in the field of emerging contaminants. To be most successful, candidates need to be a self-starter, bring energy, enthusiasm and an attitude of collaboration that spans multidisciplinary teams, clients, and teaming partners. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide analytical and technical support for the US Army Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) Program. Support select Army locations with the technical requirements for the environmental program.
- Coordinate responses to congressional, executive, and public requests for information.
- Support the Project Manager in creating, managing, and disbursing project deliverables, communications, and reports.
- Support the coordination of technical comments and reviews to CERCLA documentation produced in support of the PFAS program to include PA/SI, RI/FS, PP/ROD and interim actions.
- Develop and manage relationships with current and potential clients.
Apply expertise in technical writing, strategic analysis, and high-quality and results-oriented deliverables.
Collaborate with the project team to complete the project within its planned scope, schedule, and budget, while serving as a liaison for the project's technical, functional, and non-functional teams.
Execute requirements specified in the Performance Work Statements, prepare and improve facilitation materials, draft reports, summaries, and project write ups, and create PowerPoint briefings and other outreach materials in support of program requirements.
Proactively seek out opportunities to support other Project Managers and to develop professional and career interests and related skillsets relevant to SIA's business services.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: BS/MS in Environmental Engineering/Sciences, Geology, or related field.
Preferred: Masters (M.S.) or equivalent, or five to seven years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other preferred skills:
oExcellent knowledge of Environmental Regulations (primarily CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, and NEPA Programs)
oExperience supporting US DoD Environmental Programs.
o5-7 years experience in environmental programs and/or regulatory compliance or related fields.Experience with federal government projects preferable.
oExcellent technical writing and reviewing skills / Proficient in MS Office Suite.
oStrong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
oAbility to build long term mutually beneficial relationships with clients, partners and team members.
oAbility to work individually and in a team environment.
oStrong communication and outreach, stakeholder management, and an ability to cultivate relationships with external partners.
oExperience providing program management support for government/military/Army offices.
oExperience engaging, communicating with, and/or working closely with senior government and military officials, state and local government leaders, and other critical stakeholders.
oAbility to identify new growth opportunities and develop relationships with existing and new clients.
oAbility to lead and work together on teams, as well as independently, and at on-site government and military locations.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
No supervisory responsibilities.COMPETENCIES:Attendance/Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.Change Management
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates resultsCost Consciousness
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.Delegation
- Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.Design
- Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.Managing People
Makes self-available to staff; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services.Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.Project Management
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.Technical Skills
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand, walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
- Additional remarks regarding work environment:
- Travel required up to 25% of time to client sites.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job.It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements.Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.