The EHS Field Coordinator will be responsible for supporting EHS compliance and risk management within the PHL Campus. The EHS specialist will monitor and improve processes to prevent and eliminate injury and illness to employees and assist the company to comply with safety laws.
• Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
• Leads and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness programs.
• Developing and supporting implementation of site-specific EH&S compliance programs based on federal, state and local regulations, as well as, compliance with company directives. Examples of programs include Lockout / Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, Biologic Safety
• Assist with EHS audits / inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
• Assist with EHS management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs.
• Assist labs with implementation of SOP's or compliance with existing SOP's.
• Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, and training.
• Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, qualitative assessments, etc.
• Assist with incident and near miss investigations.
• Be able to understand and articulate the business drivers aligned with safety strategy
• 2+ years of related experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Science discipline (Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene is preferred)
• Preferred CHMM, CSP, CIH
• Experience maintaining and managing day-to-day health, safety, emergency response, environmental compliance and security activities.
• Previous experience in Environmental, safety, Emergency Response and Haz-Mat.
• Previous experience implementing policies and procedures that are protective of the environment, personnel, equipment and business interests, including the leading of culture change required to embrace those policy and procedure changes.
• Experience evaluating, providing advice and implementing solutions due to complexities of health, safety, training and industrial hygiene issues.
• Experience with radioactivity and formal OSHA & Safety training.
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.