Janssen BioPharma, Inc., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist Computational Biology, Infectious Diseases Discovery to be located in South San Francisco, CA or Beerse Belgium may be considered.
We are looking for an individual with interest and experience in providing computational solutions that have been identified by bioinformatics or other methods in our infectious disease (ID) discovery programs.
The highly motivated Scientist, Computational Biology, will join us in our efforts to discover novel interventions for treating or preventing infectious diseases. The successful candidate will use bioinformatics, multi-omics microbiology, immunology, or host genetic data, with advanced analytics to advance our drug discovery. As a Scientist you will work with limited supervision in cross functional teams of infectious disease scientists to support computational approaches in the identification and validation of novel targets, as well as discover and characterize novel interventions.Responsibilities Include
- Provide computational biology support for Janssens ID Discovery effort.
- Integrate with project teams to provide computational solutions for infectious disease drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to preclinical study design in the acquisition of pathogen or host genomics, metagenomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomic or high dimensional flow cytometry data.
- Analyze host or pathogen genomic data, efficacy marker data, or multi-omic data.
- Support target or pathway identification and validation activities
- Characterize host or pathogen resistance mechanisms
Contribute to the ID bioinformatics strategyWork with R&D IT colleagues and statistical scientists to implement best practicesCollaborate with academic and external partners aimed at gaining valuable insights from innovative data science technology and state-of-the-art analytic approaches.Communicate key results to senior leadership and write reports for publication or regulatory submission.Qualifications
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree with 1 or more years of relevant experience is required
- Demonstrated expertise in computational biology or bioinformatics, or in Microbiology, Immunology or related discipline with expertise in the use of computational approaches is required.
- Proficient in computational biology programming skills in scripting or programming, on the use of languages such as R or python in the analysis of genomic and bioinformatic data is required
- Documented experience analyzing and integrating multi-omic datasets that may include one or more of the following: microarrays, RNA-seq, whole genome sequencing, 16s or whole metagenomic data, single cell sequence data, or high dimensional flow cytometry data is preferred
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, exploratory data analysis, pathway data analysis, statistical modeling and techniques is preferred.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with understanding of drug discovery and development, especially in Infectious Diseases related fields is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international on an as-needed basis
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-California-South San Francisco-260 E. Grand AvenueOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-BelgiumOrganization
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)Job Function