The analytical scientist position is a lab based position. The primary responsibilities of this position will include 1) initiation of analytical testing for characterization of biopharmaceuticals and vaccines 2) supporting senior analytical scientists in the development of analytical methods including ELISA and cell based bioassays 3) purification and characterization of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies. Other work may include aseptic technique, RNA/DNA extractions, PCR, immunofluorescence staining, flow cytometry, automated liquid handling equipment, SDS-Page and Western blot analysis. The Scientist will help conceive, design and execute study protocols as well as analyze and interpret scientific data. The Scientist must be able to demonstrate good laboratory safety awareness, rigid aseptic technique and notebook documentation. Self-motivation, a good work ethic, excellent problem solving skills, and an ability to work independently are essential.
- ELISA assays and cell culture.
- Knowledge of automated workstation equipment (i.e. Biomek 4000, Biomek NXp, plate washer etc.)
- Possess sterile laboratory technique when performing cell culture
- Working knowledge of antibody purification
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, schedule and perform a variety of analytical assays
- Assist others with project assignments
- Prepares accurate detailed documents of experimental designs, protocols, procedures, presentations and reports
- Provide cross functional sharing of data to aid in project development
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
Minimum Background and Experience:
- BS/BA in chemistry/biochemistry/biological sciences/veterinary science or related discipline with a minimum of 0-2 years of demonstrated work experience
- Preferred: MS in chemistry/biochemistry/biological sciences/veterinary science and lab experience in analytical development
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- A thorough understanding of biochemistry and immunology, proven ability to develop analytical assays, outstanding problem solving and excellent experimental design skills are highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in cell based assay and ELISA development
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lincoln, NE are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays