ECS is seeking a Research Associate
to work in our Seattle, WA
office . Job Description:
ECS has an immediate opening for a candidate to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service (NOAA Fisheries) Northwest Fisheries Science Center (NWFSC). The Economics and Social Science Research Program at the NWFSC in Seattle, WA, is seeking support to work on the Economic Data Collection Program (EDC). The EDC program is an annual, mandatory, economics survey of all participants in the West Coast Trawl Catch Share Program, including catcher vessels, catcher processors, motherships, quota share owners, first receivers, and shoreside processors. This is an important program that produces information about the economic effects of catch shares to inform policy development and fishery management.
We seek qualified individuals who share NOAA and NWFSC's commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity, at a Science Center that strives for a culture of understanding, respect, and accountability.
- Assist in administering the data collection and database maintenance. Specific activities include processing forms and entering data, verifying data accuracy, contacting participants to correct submissions, developing data quality checks, and other logistical items.
- Conduct statistical analyses of the data to report and analyze catch share performance. This includes performing exploratory data analysis, summarizing data, statistical modeling, and calculating or estimating performance metrics. Products include analyses for annual reports, analyses for the Pacific Fishery Management Council, and peer-reviewed papers.
More information about the EDC program can be found at:
- Bachelor's degree and at least four years of experience conducting data and statistical analyses;
- or Graduate degree and less than four years of experience conducting data and statistical analyses
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in R and/or SQL programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences via email and telephone.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of approaches to deal successfully with ambiguities and unknowns.
- Motivated, proactive, and self-starter.
- Ability to perform multiple simultaneous functions with critical deadlines.
- Must have strong willingness for collaboration with other project team members and colleagues.
- Knowledge of West Coast fisheries.
- Experience conducting economic, financial or fishery related analyses.
- Experience developing and working with databases.
- Experience using R Markdown and/or R Shiny.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.