Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist, Microbiology (Days) SIGN ON INCENTIVELocation:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Diagnostic Services, Medical Technologist, LabSchedule:
Days Work Type:
Laboratory Microbiology TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary$12,500 SIGN ON INCENTIVE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS! Relocation assistance is available!
Performs and reports various analyses from multiple specimen sources.
Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Maintains an expected level of productivity.
- Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Handles specimens properly.
- Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
- Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
- Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
- Resolves and reports problems and solutions as appropriate.
- Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and quality control.
- Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established protocols.
- Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal, and manual as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed for job functionality.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency exams required.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details$12,500 SIGN ON INCENTIVE FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!
Relocation assistance is available! This position is anticipated as a 32-hours-per-week, .8 FTE position.
This position offers a competitive salary and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(K) match, tuition reimbursement, and generous PTO. Benefits start on day 1!
At Geisinger, our Medical Technologists (also called Medical Laboratory Scientists) are key team members tasked with completing high-complexity testing. Education Qualification and Details Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist:
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university AND successful completion of an ASCP/NAACLS-accredited Medical Technology program OR;
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP categorical certification OR;
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science AND at least two years' experience in a role equivalent to that of a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in a clinical laboratory
- Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred.
- Registry-eligible technologists are encouraged to apply.
Military experience will be considered. US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, US Navy Medical Laboratory Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory Apprentice.
Geisinger supports your continued education and certification! Tuition reimbursement is available for all full-time employees for job-related undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
EducationBachelor's Degree-Science (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Medical Technology (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.