RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 294 stream miles and 58,000 wetland acres and conserved and preserved 9,100 acres of endangered species habitats. RES operations include planting over 14,000,000 restorative trees and reducing over 250 tons of polluting nutrients. RES ecological solutions enable a of balance economic development and ecological sustainability.
The Project Manager is responsible for budget estimating, schedule coordination, project planning, and overseeing design plans and calculations, permitting, construction administration, baseline studies, and surveys for small to medium sized projects in California. The Project Manager will conduct supervise quality assurance / quality control to ensure projects are executed as planned, as well as on time and on budget.
The Project Manager will manage the preparation of design plans, calculations, reports, and permit applications to support project development. The successful candidate will have the skills and abilities to build relationships with contractors, consultants, and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner. The Project Manager will perform other duties as required.
The desired candidate's primary responsibilities would include maintaining and advancing new and existing client relationships while overseeing successful completion of environmental projects. Key areas of responsibility included but are not limited to compiling mitigation/conservation bank instruments, Section 401/404 permit applications, environmental assessments, coordination with regulatory agencies, coordinating ecological design and restoration/construction, and completing other environmental permitting. A successful candidate will have extensive project experience within California.
- Delivers projects on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage all aspects of a large scale and complex project
- Oversees project engineering and permitting deliverables with support from other members of the project teams.
- Responsible for checking and review of project deliverables
- Develops and manages project scopes, schedule, and budgets
- Maintains client relationship in coordination with CSM
- Maintains internal and external project reporting
- Plans and coordinates internal and external resources for the execution of the project
- Provides sales support to CSMs on new project opportunities within established markets
- Accountable for overall project performance
- Responsible for maintaining updated and accurate project reporting
- Assist General Manager and Senior Project Manager with preparation of RFP responses and selecting consultants
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables, whether prepared internally or externally
- Responsible for timely notifications to the General Manager and client of any significant project changes and preparing change orders
- Manages small to medium sized projects
- Responsible for QA/QC
- Manage the planning and execution of RES projects through all phases of project development, including; preliminary site investigations and data collection, evaluation best management practices, surveys, design, permit preparation and submittal, agency review and meetings, construction, maintenance, and monitoring field work and reporting
- Oversee site designs, estimates, permit documents, and construction documents
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in applied sciences, engineering, or similar field
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience managing project team members and subcontractors
- Ability to manage teams with individual project budgets in excess of $2 million
- Strong background in environmental science, biology, engineering, or similar related fields
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and organization
- Strong work ethic and ability to get the job completed with tight timeframes and difficult conditions
- Excellence in oral and written communications
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.