Become the Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) Manager
at a well-established manufacturing company where safety is important to management, not only the EHS team. Reporting to the Global Director of Safety, Health and Environment you will lead the safety and environmental program on-site, promoting a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Management supports safety initiatives and has allocating capital for specific safety projects as well as for process optimization.
- You will build onto an existing EHS Management System rather than start from scratch.
- This is a resume building opportunity with planned career advancement to multi-site support with minimal short distance travel to the nearby Ohio blending plant.
Improve site wide SHE programs and safety systems and attain a high level of safety awareness and a low risk working environment on site, coordinating with all employees and auditing results. Collaborate with SHE Managers at the other company sites to establish corporate best practices and initiative implementation.
- Site Safety! Interact with plant employees regularly to promote continuous safety awareness. Promotes a positive safety culture through effective communication, accountability, and employee engagement
- Minimize the risk to Company assets (e.g. plant, buildings, equipment, and stocks of process materials) through effective implementation of process safety procedures
- Monitors new projects and modifications to existing processes ensuring compliance with SHE requirements through proper process hazard reviews (e.g. PHRs/HAZOPs) or Modifications of Change (MOC).
- Tracks incidents investigations and behavioral based safety audits; ensures corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Improve and complete annual employee EHS Training. (~ 90 total employees between the two sites.)
- Advise on all aspects of fire protection.
- Manager and upgrade the contractor safety program.
- Expand and implement the site employee training plan
- Oversight of the site's security program.
- Environmental affairs. Ensures all reporting requirements are met and maintain relevant data and records in accordance to federal, state and local requirements.
- Ensures that the necessary environmental control equipment and operating procedures are in place to prevent the discharge of any effluent (e.g. water, air, waste, etc.) that does not comply with local specifications
- Interact with insurance representatives and regulatory personnel, as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental regulations.
Applicant Background Requested:
- Overall. Keeps the Site Manager aware of developments on safety, health and environmental regulations including changes to OSHA, EPA, PADEP, and ACHD requirements and update site programs to comply.
- Actively supports company sponsored programs
- BS degree in Occupational Safety, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology related
- 5+ years "safety" experience in a manufacturing company that handles flammable chemical
- Must have a strong understanding of basic safety systems including LOTO, SPCC, and Permit to Work.
- Best with PSM, MOCs, PHR/ HAZOPs experience (but training is available)
- Flexible work schedule and be available to meet with employees on off hours shifts. In addition, be available by phone to address any SSHE incidents in the off hours
- Experience with environmental affairs on a site with chemical handling and disposal; air permitting (Title V) is highly desirable (not required)
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA (sorry no sponsorship)