Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
When we say we lead the way in food safety, we mean it. Our work is demanding, yet rewarding; competitive, yet cooperative. Our team at SGS is fundamentally driven by innovative approaches, detailed scientific analysis, and excellent client service.
We are currently seeking a full-time Microbiologist
at our Oklahoma City, OK location who hold the same ideals. For the right candidate, our company offers the perfect mix of challenges, benefits, compensation, and growth. We offer on-the-job training, as well as continued education and leadership opportunities. Your work at SGS will matter, and so will you. This isn't just a job. This is just the beginning.To be considered as a candidate, you must be confident in your abilities to
- Adhere to all SGS safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Maintain proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological cultures.
- Utilize aseptic techniques during sample preparation and microbiological analyses.
- Follow written and oral instruction
- Prepare test solutions and reagents required for testing.
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms according to standard operating procedures.
- Detect pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and Protein-based methods.
- Prepare and sterilize culture media.
- Maintain and verify general laboratory equipment.
- Document and record accurate data using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Effectively prioritize and plan multiple work activities with varying deadlines and complexities
- Work and think independently, yet share ideas and work towards team goals
- Express thoughts in a clear concise manner both orally and written
- Wear, maintain, and properly use appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and lab coat
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations in performing all assigned duties
• Standing for prolonged periods of time
• Perform complex and precise manipulations using your hands and fingersQualifications
- A four-year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science, biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory experience
- Ability to use a desktop computer including word processing, spreadsheets, email and database applications
- LIMS software experience a plus
- Technical Capacity
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.