Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Disease Biology
Seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Scientist / Senior Scientist Disease Biology. The successful candidate will play a leading role in in vitro and in vivo evaluation of drug mechanism of action and pharmacology driving projects from target validation to clinical proof of concept.
The Disease Biology scientist is a key contributor to the teams success and will be interacting with senior leaders including the CEO routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- Design, execute, and analyze key biological experimental strategies to define drug mechanism of action, develop Client disease models and biomarkers for target engagement and patient selection with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Lead and contribute to target selection and target validation to ensure the development of a robust preclinical pipeline of valuable drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to project teams and the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings.
- Coordinate with external contract research organizations and with other collaborators, as needed.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. in a biological science (biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline), with at least 4 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience in cancer biology, working in oncology drug discovery project teams, cancer cell-based assay design, assay development and drug testing.
- Experience with mammalian tumor cell engineering and associated techniques including CRISPR and siRNA/shRNA knockdown.
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques, including FACS, ELISA, immuno-blotting, and immunofluorescence/histochemistry.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biology.
- Ability to work with and manage multifunction teams.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.