We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Project Environmental Scientist position in our Eldersburg, MD office.
* Plan, coordinate and oversee excavations, borings and test pits for land-based groundwater discharge projects (e.g. septic systems, spray & drip irrigation, stormwater basins, etc.);
* Characterize subsurface soils using USDA and other classification methods;
* Plan and perform soil percolation, infiltration and hydraulic conductivity tests;
* Recommend soil loading rates and discharge method alternatives based on field outcomes;
* Plan, develop and refine on-site sewage disposal layouts and assessments;
* Plan and test hydrologic properties of saturated soils; interpret and document results;
* Address environmental permit requirements for land-based groundwater discharges;
* Provide stormwater infiltration design support including field testing and documentation;
* Perform wetland delineations, mapping and documentation;
* Monitor and document construction activities for adherence to specifications / drawings;
* Prepare and review technical reports and other related correspondence;
* Engage with clients, regulatory agencies, project team members and others;
* Assist with business development and marketing;
* Prepare and deliver presentations; and
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelors degree in Soil Science or Geology, or closely related Environmental Science, with emphasis on disciplines directly relating to land-based groundwater discharge.
* Maryland Licensed Environmental Health Specialist (LEHS) or equivalent from another state, or Professional licensure as a Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) preferred. Other credentials or comparable experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
* 5+ years performing site and soil evaluations for land-based groundwater discharge projects.
* Past project-related field and reporting experience in a consulting setting (preferred).