WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,400 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Grow your career and join our Team with your talent and passion to help us drive solutions that are sustainable, resilient, and equitable, leveraging innovation and engagement within our organization and with our partners, clients, and communities.
As the Vice President, Resiliency Lead, you will collaborate with the National Practice Lead (NPL) - Planning and with other Practices and Markets including Federal (DOD, DOE and FEMA)
Sustainability and Resilience
• Lead sustainability and resilience risk assessments, advising clients on the broad range of sustainability and resilience risks (environmental, social, severe weather, health, cyber, terrorism, etc.) and mitigation strategies to address those risks.
• Lead development and execution of sustainability and resilience strategies for all client types (federal, state/local, commercial), and all project types (infrastructure & buildings, environmental remediation, social equity/social impact, etc.).
• Advise clients in the application of global climate models, and local, regional, and national policies and guidance related to climate science and climate change adaptation planning
• Support FEMA and USACE Civil Works with the understanding of future impacts and mitigation measures to help limit the impacts of climate change
• Lead climate change vulnerability and risk assessments that consider an array of climate impacts, including sea level rise, precipitation, temperature and wildfire in support of evaluation of climate risk and resilience strategies and disclosure
• Develop strategies to integrate climate considerations agency or enterprise-wide, including consideration of Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TFCFD) using scenario analysis and cognitive data analytics.
• Assess portfolio/asset level, and supply and value chain risk, resilience, and adaptive capacity
• Develop risk management and resilience KPIs and goals and associated strategies
• Develop integrated plans to reduce physical and transition risks integrated with improved sustainability and resilience for both asset owners/operators and communities.
• Exhibit a depth of understanding of local, regional, and national policies and guidance related to city sustainability and resilience
• Leverage new technologies, geospatial and data science in developing sustainability and resilience solutions
• Integrate social equity, environmental justice, and DE&I in sustainability and resilience solutions
• Manage the financial aspects of assigned projects and/or tasks to ensure project work is completed on schedule and within the allocated budget
• Assist in managing and growing the team internally and through strategic relationships with external parties, including the private sector, academia, and NGOs.
• Maintain regular and constructive communication with clients and project team members
• Facilitate and present at project-related and client meetings
• Remain active in the relevant academic, scientific, and professional community through presentations and participation in relevant seminars, conferences and symposiums, and other activities.
• Establish and maintain client relations which include city, county, state, and Federal public officials
• Lead and support business development activities at the local, national, and international scales
• Example Project Types:
o Sustainability and Resilience Strategies and Plans for state and local government
o Climate Vulnerability and Risk Assessments for municipalities, transportation agencies, utilities, private sector
o Climate adaptation strategies for municipalities, transportation agencies, utilities
o Sustainability and Resilience Management plans for federal, state, and local governments, and private sector clients, for infrastructure and buildings.
o Climate and Sustainability Action Plans for cities of a range of sizes
o Hazard Mitigation Plans
o Cost-benefit analysis for sustainability, climate adaptation, and/or mitigation plans
• Represent Michael Baker and its Resilience and Sustainability services through engagement with industry organizations (SAME, etc.)
• Understand the diverse range of services offered by Michael Baker and then leveraging other Practices, Services, and Disciplines for Sustainability and Resilience services and vice versa and how this translates into advantages and/or differentiators of Michael Baker to its clients
• Work with staff to identify outreach targets for teaming partners and clients
• Promote cross-selling of related practices and interface with internal Practice/Market Leaders and Business Developers
• Develop relationships with external teaming partners as necessary
• Facilitate capture planning for major clients and targeted clients
• Contact teaming partners and clients to meet for informal and formal presentations, gathering intelligence, and engaging and creating opportunities for the team.
• Assist with winning new clients and increasing new work added sales
• Maintain consistent awareness of new opportunities and niche areas of expertise Michael Baker can offer to our teaming partners and clients
• Identify and track Strategic Opportunities alongside of National Practice and Federal Market Leads
• Develop and maintain teaming partner and client sales content
• Conduct research for potential leads and target opportunities in relation to industry trends
• Directly assist with Go/No Go decisions, as necessary, to drive solid business decision making
Internal Practice Community Communication and Coordination
• Execute meetings and calls with organizational leaders and the greater Sustainability and Resilience Community within Michael Baker
• Communicate and coordinate on a regular basis with internal leaders and cross-discipline experts
• Manage and develop internal webinars to enhance learning and coordination for team members
• Manage and develop internal innovation content and professional development opportunities (white papers, webinars), staff qualifications, and project experience.
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Public Policy, Sustainability, Climate Change, Risk Management, Energy or similar subjects or an undergraduate degree in these fields with commensurate experience.
• 15-20 years of A/E/C/P industry experience
• Experience in Sustainability and Resilience, including corporate consulting
• Familiarity with, or ability to quickly become conversant in, sustainability and resilience frameworks (RE100, CDP, SBTI, SASB, GHG Protocol, Envision and GRES, DCAT) and cost-benefit analysis methodologies and grant requirements, including for federal agencies such as USACE, FEMA, USDOT, HUD, EPA.
• Self-starter with initiative, focus, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated collaborative team leadership and team-building characteristics.
• Ability to co-develop and organize strategic concepts into actionable plans and graphics, using collaborative tools such as Microsoft Teams.
• Strategic thinker with high ethical and business standards
• Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook, Excel, BI/Tableau, PowerPoint
• Experience in creating dynamic content and Data Visualization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to perform occasional travel
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.