Environmental Compliance Engineer
Munoz Trucking Corp is a leading construction waste management and hauling company in metro NYC area for over 20 years. Munoz has completed multiple gigantic scale infrastructure and real estate development projects such asLGA Central Terminal Building Redevelopment, Bayonne Bridge, 1 Vanderbilt and etc. Munoz now has an exciting new opening for an Environmental Compliance Engineer to handle its waste/soil site evaluation, end-use recycling/disposal facility approval coordination, waste characterization sampling and any other exciting tasks along the road.
* Perform technical evaluation on soil and/or waste disposal/recycling facilities acceptance (environmental due diligence, data input and analysis).
* Properly classifying and profiling waste, soil, and non-regulated materials.
* Coordination with clients and facilities to obtain disposal approvals.
* Assist Dispatch Manager for daily trucking orders and manifesting.
* Plan, implement and document soil characterization sampling events.
* Manage drilling, site monitoring subcontractors.
* Track regulatory and corporate due dates for reporting, permit renewals, etc., and meet deadlines with sufficient time to facilitate review and gain approval by management.
* 0-2 years of professional experience preferably in environmental consulting industry
* Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, Science, Engineering, Geology, Construction Management, and etc.
* Ability to analyze environmental laboratory data, site history, and other information needed for waste acceptance.
* Knowledge of NJ/NY/PA waste management and remediation regulations, and Federal Hazardous Waste Regulations
* Able to apply a commonsense approach to the waste review process
* Able to clearly articulate issues and potential solutions to waste processing challenges
* Good analytical skills, writing skills and strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Software: Excel, Word, Outlook
Munoz offers competitive salary and outstanding retirement plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays.