SUNY Brockport invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor with specialization in terrestrial vertebrate ecology in the Department of Environmental Science and Ecology. Teaching responsibilities include 9-10 contact hours of teaching per week during the semester. The successful candidate will also develop an active research program, which includes MS/BS student participation, external funding, and peer-reviewed publications. Anticipated start date is August 2022.
- PhD in Ecology or related discipline by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university or ABD candidates must earn their degree within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to teach both taxonomy and ecology-based wildlife lab courses that focus on at least two of the following: mammals, birds, and reptiles/amphibians.
- Demonstrated ability to use field approaches in teaching and research.
- Demonstrated ability to teach core curriculum courses (e.g., introductory ecology or a capstone course).
- Strong record of scholarly activities in terrestrial vertebrate ecology, including peer-reviewed publications and development of proposals for external funding.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
- Experience teaching at the university level
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that directly addresses minimum and preferred qualifications; resume/CV; contact information for three professional references; statement of teaching philosophy; statement of research interests; and unofficial transcripts of degrees earned (BS, MS, PhD). Review of applications will begin October 25, 2021, and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
Background Investigation Statement
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.