Verisk Maplecroft's data-driven approach to risk enables multinational organizations to understand how and where political, human rights and environmental risks impact their assets, investments, reputations and supply chains. We give our clients the tools to pinpoint and quantify their risk across 150+ issues for any location worldwide, and the expert analysis and advice they need to make better, risk-adjusted decisions that will improve the commercial performance, resilience and sustainability of their business. To learn more about please visit us at: www.maplecroft.com We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Have you spent time as an in-house ESG reporting manager and would now like to apply your knowledge and skills across a wider range of companies and industries? Or perhaps you're already a reporting consultant looking for a step-up or opportunity to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams of climate change, human rights and political risk specialists.
To support continued growth within our ESG Reporting and Strategy team we are seeking to appoint a Director to lead and help deliver a range of high-profile projects for our clients, including ESG reporting, materiality assessment, rating agency engagement, strategy development, and more.
The person in this position will also have opportunities to externally build and promote the team's reputation, help shape industry standards and best practices, and impact Verisk Maplecroft's strategic direction.
Depending on the specifics of the successful candidate, we expect this role to include responsibility for the development of the service offering and/or line management duties. About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
Innovation and partnerships
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of project delivery, including client management, programme schedules, team management, budget, quality standards, and post-project review
- Developing and advising on reporting concepts, structure, key messaging, and overall content for reports
- Providing strategic advice and support on projects led by colleagues, including reports and other relevant ESG/sustainability topics
- Conducting interviews with internal and external stakeholders
- Coaching and mentoring peers and less experienced colleagues (both within project teams and across the wider business)
- Promoting Verisk Maplecroft and our reporting and disclosure capabilities to external audiences through conference presentations and panels, participation in industry roundtables, thought leadership, etc.
- Driving new business development, including the identification, pursuit, and closure of commercial opportunities (often working in close partnership with account management colleagues)
- Responding to commercial opportunities, including leading qualification, scoping, proposal writing, and pitching
- Managing and deepening existing client relationships while also building new relationships
- Proactively identifying and promoting cross-sell opportunities, such as additional ESG advisory support and integration of Verisk Maplecroft's ESG+P solutions into client workflows
- Demonstrating strong commercial acumen
- Developing new innovative solutions to support clients' reporting and disclosure needs, particularly with respect to the utilisation of emerging reporting tools and platforms
- Contributing and helping to drive new product ideas through Verisk Maplecroft's internal innovation investment process
- Working with our strategic internal and external partners to help embed Verisk Maplecroft's reporting-related solutions into platforms and client workflows
- Participating and contributing to industry initiatives and regulatory consultation forums designed to improve/harmonise/standardise corporate ESG practices.
- A passion for contributing towards sustainable development and creative problem solving
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience, ideally encompassing consulting and/or client-side ESG experience
- Demonstrated track record of leading ESG reports
- Strong working knowledge of best practice sustainability standards and frameworks (such as the GRI Standards, SASB, TCFD, UNGC, SDGs, UNGPs, IIRC, UNGPs, etc.)
- Good understanding of current and emerging sustainability-related regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to communicate with various audiences, including through written content, public speaking, and creation of engaging slide decks
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work with large datasets
- Proven history of business development success (if previously held consulting roles)
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.