Ricondo is a full-service aviation consulting firm. We provide facilities and operations planning, environmental planning, and financial planning services to airport owners and operators, airlines, and federal and state aviation-related agencies. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and has offices throughout the United States, as well as offices in London and Abu Dhabi.
What distinguishes Ricondo in aviation planning is our focus on the aviation industry, our responsive approach to delivery of services, and our commitment to supporting our clients from preliminary planning through project design, federal processing, financing, and project construction. Our philosophy places client needs as our priority - delivering our services in a way that builds long-term successful relationships. Because every airport is different, Ricondo considers every aspect of the issue at hand and recommends custom solutions that are right for every client, every time.
We invest in our team just as we invest in our clients. That's why we offer an extremely generous, comprehensive benefits package and paid-time-off program to support our team members' growth and success both at Ricondo and at home.
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking an Environmental Managing Consultant/Director
with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our firm. Join our elite team of aviation consultants and watch your career take flight!POSITION SUMMARY
The Environmental Managing Consultant/Director is
responsible for performing project management duties in research, development, and implementation of aviation programs, projects and studies in the areas of physical and environmental planning. The role will include supervision, training, and direction to subordinate staff.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversees collection, analysis, and presentation of pertinent environmental and land use data in support of airport planning and environmental studies.
- Provides advice, technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning and environmental studies.
- Manages development of draft and final environmental documents required to satisfy federal (National Environmental Policy Act) and state environmental regulations.
- Manages technical studies that analyze potential environmental impacts of proposed airport projects including noise, air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and other resource categories required by federal and state regulation.
- Presents results of studies to clients, various federal, state, and local agencies, and the public.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Prepares scopes of work and budgets for environmental studies, reflective of federal and state environmental regulations and client direction.
- Performs related work as required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for environmental consulting, such as Biology, Ecology, Land Use Planning, Planning, Aviation Management, Urban Planning, Geography, or other science degree.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of increasingly responsible experience in environmental planning or related field.
- Experience with preparation and management of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Possesses a familiarity with the airline industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel to support Ricondo's global project portfolio.
REWARDS AND ADVANTAGES
- Experience with preparation and management of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents, and/or FAA Orders 1050.1F and 5050.4B.
- Familiarity with environmental issues facing airports such as air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, aircraft noise, climate change, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including air quality and noise modeling
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior executives and staff at client organizations
- Competitive health benefits with no out of pocket monthly premiums. That's right, this is covered 100% by the Firm!
- 401(K) match contribution for eligible team members
- Employee Stock Ownership Participation for eligible team members
- Profit Sharing for eligibly team members
- Learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continued career advancement opportunities
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
See more at: https://www.ricondo.com/careers/job-board