RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading US companies.
- Position has responsibility for conducting reviews of proposed gas pipeline projects to determine environmental permitting requirements and obtaining environmental permits in North and South Carolina.
- In general, the individual will be working with DENC and DESC project managers to understand the scope of a project, then engaging with external consultants and directing the work of these consultants to create the permit applications and other deliverables, while managing the quality and timeliness of the vendor's work.
- Coordinate with DENC and DESC project managers to understand the scope of new and replacement pipeline installations and apply knowledge of environmental regulations to determine what, if any, environmental permits are required.
- Determine environmental permit applicability with specific knowledge of CWA Section 404/401, ESA Section 7, NHPA Section 106, Erosion and Sediment Control, and Stormwater Management Programs;
- With support from other vendors, prepare applications and secure environmental permits or clearances required for construction.
- Communicate environmental compliance requirements to project teams and field personnel. Depending on the project, communications may be held during project site meetings.
- Technical assistance to sites/projects for environmental compliance.
- Interpret environmental permits and regulations to ensure that compliance dates and requirements are met.
- Communicate with regulatory agency representatives, negotiate permit conditions, represent Client during regulatory inspections, and other regulatory meetings.
- Oversight and technical direction of contractors and consultants including preparation of scopes of work, purchase requisitions, permit applications, permit support materials, and invoice approval.
- Adherence to Client environmental policy, guidance, and work practices.
- Adherence to Client safety rules and safety performance expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with environmental permitting.
- Experience with permits related to wetlands (including threatened and endangered species and cultural resource coordination), erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management.
- Regulatory agency experience or experience representing an organization with regulatory agencies is required.
- Experience with environmental permitting of linear utilities (gas, electric, water or sewer) is a plus.
- Experience overseeing consultants is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental justice issues is a plus.
- Well organized, independent/self-directed, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and coordination skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and collaborative.
- License or ability to obtain a license to operate a motor vehicle is required.
- Ability to work in both office setting and at project sites is required.
- Ability to work outdoors in potential weather extremes (heat, cold) is required.
- Must be willing to undergo background check.
- Ability to travel to support projects in Client's gas distribution footprint in North and South Carolina is expected. Target may be as much as 25% depending on business need. License to operate a motor vehicle is required. Some overnight travel may be required.
Top "must have skill sets:
- Permitting of construction projects with land and water impact
- Ability to juggle multiple projects from multiple Client project managers
- Familiarity with stormwater permitting
- Familiarity with wetlands, endangered species, cultural resource permitting for construction projects.
- Ability to communicate with wide variety of staff, including designers, constructors, regulators, management
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to make rapid decisions on permit requirements for projects
- Ability to communicate permitting requirements, barriers and schedules to project team
- Must be confident representing environmental concerns with non-environmental staff
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and India.