Requisition Number: 149686
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1ENV - DRG Environmental Consulting
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc., a fully-owned subsidiary of The Davey Tree Expert Company, headquartered in Kent, Ohio has opportunities for experienced persons in the field of urban forestry and natural resources.
We are seeking team-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills that are self-motivated and passionate about helping communities and organizations better care for and manage their urban forests and other natural ecosystems. Candidates should possess a high work ethic and perform duties with an attention to detail and safety.
Davey Resource Group provides a wide range of natural resource consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors, including urban forestry consulting and tree inventories, urban forest canopy assessments, urban forest management planning, ecosystem management and monitoring, wetland delineation and permitting, and wetland and stream mitigation services.
DUTIES: Perform office and field-based forestry and arboricultural consulting work for municipal and private clients. Support clients with day-to-day forestry activities, including but not limited to: tree inventories, vegetation and natural resource surveys, management planning, tree risk assessment and tree appraisal, recommend tree maintenance activities, tree protection and preservation plans, set up tree planting programs, review and facilitate tree pruning or removal contracts, observe or support vegetation management operations, respond to citizen-initiated tree requests, provide grant assistance, support use of geographic information systems (GIS), implement software solutions, and write reports, letters, or memos in support of client needs. Assisting our ecosystem services team with GIS and field tasks (e.g. wetland delineation and mitigation site monitoring) is also anticipated.
This position requires travel, both in-state and out-of-state, to support Davey Resource Group, Inc's projects across the nation. Responsible for most aspects of project implementation including fieldwork, data analysis, report writing, project delivery, and related administrative tasks. Typical clients include local, state, tribal, and federal government agencies, educational institutions, cemeteries, zoos/arboretums, non-profit organizations, and commercial firms.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification, or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- 1-year of experience with GIS data collection and online mapping
- Proficient working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Google suite of applications
- Current Driver's License and driving record in good standing
- Excellent communication skills
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Arboriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Science or related discipline
- Additional experience in environmental consulting (wetland delineation or similar) is preferable.
- Ability to work and hike in urban terrain and inclement weather (including high-heat conditions)
- Ability to work independently, be adaptable, and manage all project field tasks
- Ability to travel extensively
What We Offer:
- Paid Time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Job Segment: Inventory, Operations