We seek an accomplished Senior Scientist level oncologist to join the Translational Sciences group within Oncology Research & Development (ORD), La Jolla, California. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of scientists in the Oncology Translational Sciences Group, playing a lead role in using models of cancer to evaluate new drug candidates, mechanisms, and targets.
The Senior Scientist will participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development programs with a focus on tumor intrinsic biology related to signal transduction, targeted therapeutics, and epigenetics. The candidate will characterize and develop large and small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of the drug discovery teams. The ideal applicant will employ and develop cutting edge in vivo mouse and human cancer models. The individual will provide technical and scientific expertise in in vivo Pharmacology across ORD to enable target identification, validation, prioritization, and efficient drug discovery. Ideal applicants will be collaborative and team-oriented, possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills and a commitment to excellence.
* Work within multi-functional teams to support large and small molecule drug discovery and combination therapy.
* Design and conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
* Interpretation, presentation and documentation of experiments within an electronic lab notebook, as well as preparation of reports.
* Written and verbal presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Develop and characterize new in vivo mouse models, including syngeneic tumor and genetically engineered mouse (GEM) models, to study biologic mechanisms and support exploration of novel therapies.
* Publication of results in scientific peer-reviewed journals and presentations at internal, national, and international meetings
* Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Immunology or equivalent experience in a related discipline
* Hands on in vivo (e.g.: IV, PO dosing, blood/tissue collection, tumor implantation) and ex vivo skills (flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA).
* Proven ability to make important contributions to cancer biology, immuno-oncology, or related fields.
* Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development, with emphasis on drug resistance.
* Ability to follow novel scientific or technological developments, and to implement them in the lab.
* Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English. Proficiency in all common office and scientific software.
* Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment.
* Capability to contribute to a vivid and challenging intellectual environment.
* Specific expertise in the study of cell cycle related Cyclin Dependent Kinases including direct assessments of cellular activity, localization and interaction with their molecular networks.
* Expertise in in vivo pharmacology and experience with animal models of human cancers as well as strong publication record or evidence of equivalent achievements in industry.
* Expertise with GEMM and humanized models.
Non-Standard Work Schedule
* Must be willing and able to work after hours as needed to ensure study integrity.
Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development