Pardes Biosciences is an agile biopharmaceutical company committed to solving some of the worlds most pressing public health challenges. Pardes leverages structure-based drug design and a tunable, reversible covalent chemistry platform for novel drug discovery.
The companys lead product candidate, PBI-0451, is being developed as a potential direct-acting, oral antiviral drug to treat and prevent SARS-CoV-2 infections. PBI-0451 is designed to inhibit the coronavirus main protease, an essential protein for SARS-CoV-2. This protease is highly similar across all coronaviruses, including emerging coronavirus variants. Pardes Biosciences is headquartered in Carlsbad CA.
As the Director of Biology, you will responsible for designing and managing biology functions for anti-viral and oncology R&D projects.Reporting to VP of Biology, the successful candidate will oversee the discovery projects biology research efforts.By working closely with various function teams and the senior management, the successful candidate will play an instrumental role in establishing companys overall strategy in research and development.
- Core biologist assigned to virology and oncology R&D teams
- Responsible for designing and managing biology programs and externa CROs to support virology and oncology R&D projects
- Ensure project success from discovery through IND filing
- Plan, implement, and supervise studies to ensure study deliverables are met according to specified timelines, budgets, quality, and resources, working in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders including project teams, research organizations, regulatory authorities, and other stakeholders
- Work as part of or lead multidisciplinary scientific teams for basic research programs and projects at the discovery and/or IND-preparation phase.
- Maintain quality control and high standards throughout the lifecycle of each project and identify best practices and areas for process improvement
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- PhD required (Virology preferred)
- Minimum 8+ years of Industry experience in regulated Biotech/Pharmaceutical. Academic experience plus Industry experience may be accepted if most recent experience is in Industry
- Must have background and experience in Virology or related (ie. Infectious Disease, Antiviral)
- Proven track record in drug discovery and development with experience in small molecule drug candidate selection
- Strong experience working in discovery setting with a firm grasp of typical timelines and resources required for each phase of the process
- Strategic thinking and prioritization among preclinical projects
- Strong scientific communication skills in a cross-functional setting
- Experience in a small company setting preferred
Pardes Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.