Hiring in Los Angeles and Bay Area
This position is for an environmental, industrial hygiene or health & safety technician with a minimum of 2-years of experience AND at least one of the following certifications: Cal-OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant, Cal-OSHA Certified Site Surveillance Technician, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Lead Inspector-Assessor or CDPH Lead Project Monitor.
In this position, the successful candidate will conduct building related environmental assessments, assist with project design and monitor contractor activities during remediation activities. The position will focus on asbestos, lead, water intrusion and indoor air quality projects; thus strong understanding of building systems is required. Additional activities will likely include working on concrete/slab moisture sampling, subsurface (soil and groundwater) investigations, Phase I Environmental Assessments (ESAs), hazardous materials management audits, LEED air sampling and waste diversion management, etc. depending on qualifications.
Candidates should be energetic, interested in building systems, health & safety concerns. Familiarity with computer operations (Mac & Windows), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office and basic drafting programs is mandatory.
Technicians will spend the majority of their time at projects sites throughout the Bay Area and Northern California area and occasionally throughout California. Technicians will also prepare reports and other project documents related to field operations; assist with occasional equipment maintenance & calibration and general office support.
1) Cal-OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant, Cal-OSHA Certified Site Surveillance Technician, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Lead Inspector-Assessor or CDPH Lead Project Monitor Certifications
2) Competent written and verbal communication skills
3) Strong organizational abilities and strict attention to detail
4) Computer literate
5) Willing to travel, work evenings and weekends as projects require
6) Be in good physical health and able to wear respiratory and other personal protective equipment
7) Ability to climb ladders, navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry equipment (generally up to 50 lbs), stand for long periods of time.
8) Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
1) Recent Graduate with BA/BS in environmental sciences, health & safety, industrial hygiene or building related fields.
2) Basic drafting skills
3) Knowledge of building systems & construction techniques
4) Ability to read & understand construction drawings (architectural & MEP)
5) 40-hour HAZWOP certification, AHERA Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor certifications
Visit ACC's web site at accenv.com for information about our company. Excellent benefits package includes competitive salary,training & certifications, personal time off (PTO), company stock, medical insurance, HSA contribution, 401k Plan, and bonusesbased upon performance.