Our global manufacturing client has an exciting opportunity to join their team as an EHS Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Environmental and Safety policies and programs throughout the site. You will report to the EHS Manager and will support all compliance activities for the site including OSHA, EPA, and other related local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and information in the development of key EHS metrics and objectives.
- Assist with implementation of all EHS activities (env., safety, health, and security) as needed.
- Prepare submittals and ensure compliance with existing environmental and safety programs(SPDES Storm Water, Tier II, SARA Title III, State Facility Air permit, Asbestos O&M, SPCC, Hazardous Waste Manifesting, etc.)
- Assist with implementation and compliance of EPA, OSHA, NYSDEC, and DOT requirements and all compliance activities for these regulatory agencies.
- Identify training needs and develop on-going employee environmental and safety training programs.
- Utilize a risk analysis process to evaluate current, new, and changing processes and the effectiveness of existing requirements. Lead and participate in EHS audits and inspections as required by regulatory agencies and corporate requirements.
- Lead incident investigations and root cause corrective action plans and corrective action implementation for all environmental and safety incidents
- Lead first line supervision and management to implement environmental and safety programs.
- Ensure that all facilities use proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of local administration of Corporate policies regarding Environmental Safety & Health
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Earth Science, Occupational Safety, Chemistry or related discipline
- 1+ year of experience (including internships)
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations including OSHA, EPA, DEC, Hazwoper, stormwater, etc highly desired.