With more than 50 years experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is seeking a Senior Molecular/Microbiology Scientist to join our world class, industry-leading facility located in Easton, MD. Interested candidates should be passionate about science and seeking a fast-paced, meritocratic environment.Senior Scientist general responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans own work and supervises the day-to-day activities in a laboratory setting under prescribed processes (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.)
- Provides guidance and oversight to technicians on the proper conduct of study assignments
- Serves as subject matter expert in areas of expertise, actively participating in relevant trade and industry technical groups and regulatory committees.
- Typically serves as technical leader within a group or team and serves as project leader/study director on assigned projects.
- Serves as point of contact for internal and external customers.
- Trains staff on techniques.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and leadership abilities.
- Managing operating cost and departmental budget.
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
The ideal candidate would possess:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Expertise in DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, Primer design, various nucleic acid detection assays and DNA sequencing including next-generation approaches and experience with relevant laboratory equipment.
- Experience or working knowledge in classical microbiological techniques including sterile technique, culturing and identification of known and unknown microorganisms.
- Experience with ELISA and other antigen based detection methods.
- Virology and cell culturing knowledge a plus, but not required.
- GLP experience a plus.
- Strong computer, scientific, critical thinking and organizational skills necessary to manage research and routine molecular assays.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow protocols, and comply with company policies
- B.S with sufficient experience, M.S. or PhD degree in an appropriate field (e.g. biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, agricultural science, botany, chemistry, phycology)
- Ability to prepare chemical solutions, media, dilutions and provide supporting calculations.
- Familiarity with or aptitude for basic statistical analyses is helpful.
- Ability to read and understand scientific literature and information and use this knowledge to generate relevant reports and publications.
- Authorization to work in the United States
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply, but relocation assistance is available.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.