SENIOR WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST
Requisition ID 2021-89931 Work Location US-CA-Riverside Department / Discipline Scientists Position Type Staff / Permanent
OVERVIEW / RESPONSIBILITIES
Wood is currently recruiting for a full-time Wildlife Biologist to work with our team in Riverside, California conducting wildlife surveys for on-going projects as well as support for our senior team members. Our ideal candidate will be seeking learning and development opportunities to train with Senior Biologists and other team members while managing their day-to-day workload as a part of a project team. Our team regularly conducts general biological surveys and makes recommendations on protocol surveys for our Clients. Our immersive and engaging work environment will provide mentorship with senior team members, field and office-based activities, career development and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with external Clients across a variety of different industries.
This position will require extensive field work in a range of ecosystems ranging from aquatic habitats to desert scrub areas throughout southern California. Field work can include hiking up to 10 miles a day, hiking uneven terrain, and/or standing for long periods of time.
* Will be responsible for conducting field surveys, collecting appropriate data, and analyzing the data to comply with CEQA and NEPA requirements as well as consistency with local MSHCPs
* Conduct Reconnaissance-level Biological Resource Surveys in a variety of habitats
* Recording field data in a standardized notebook
* Document plant and wildlife species identified during field surveys
* Prepare appropriate biological resource documents including MSHCP, NES, and BRARs
* Prepare small to medium-size project proposals
* Maintain and Track required Federal and State Permits
* Maintain and Track Project Budgets
* Client Coordination
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience OR Master's Degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 3 years of experience
* Federal 10a1A Permit for species such as: Stephens' Kangaroo Rat, San Bernardino Kangaroo Rat, Southwestern Willow Flycatcher, Mohave Ground Squirrel, or Coastal California Gnatcatcher
* Scientific Collection Permit MOU for any sensitive species such as Los Angeles Pocket Mouse, Bats, Palm Springs Pocket Mouse, or other sensitive species
* GIS Experience
* Jurisdictional Delineation Experience
* Regulatory Permitting Experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com [http://www.woodplc.com]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.