Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Biological Scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Support the Cell Line Development team's production of reagent-grade antibodies and other recombinant proteins
- Culture, transfection, and selection of mammalian cells
- Transient protein production
- Stable pool generation and evaluation in fed-batch production
- Support the Cell Line Development team's plasmid DNA supply system
- Plasmid cloning and scale-up by PCR, restriction digest, and bacterial culture
- Maintenance of plasmid database and coordination of receipt, ordering, and requests for plasmids
- Generation of plasmid maps and confirmation of sequences
- Provide general laboratory support of the Cell Line Development team
- Preparation of medium, feeds, and reagents
- Laboratory cleaning and biohazard waste removal
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and ordering of relevant supplies
- Writing and reviewing standard operating procedures
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- B.S. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience or M.S. in Biological Sciences with independent research experience in an academic or industrial setting. Advanced degree holders will not be considered.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture is required.
- Familiarity with molecular cloning methods, PCR, and agarose gel electrophoresis as well as supporting software for generation and editing of plasmid maps is required.
- Experience with inventory management and organization is required.
- Experience in writing protocols and preparing data presentations is required.
- Ability to work independently to execute defined experiments and troubleshoot issues as needed to meet project timelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members in oral and written forms.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients.
We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.