DTx Pharma is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Associate Scientist or Senior Research Associate to join our muscle biology team. This individual will be required to plan and execute in vivo studies, under the supervision of Research Scientists, to support our leading research and development programs. The successful candidate will be a critical player in our efforts to break open muscle as a new therapeutic area for RNA medicines and develop novel therapeutics for neuromuscular diseases with a high unmet medical need.
- Perform functional in vivo assays to support neuromuscular programs
- Lead and execute small rodent studies to test activity of experimental compounds in vivo
- Process tissues for RNA and protein assays (RNA extraction, qPCR, immunohistochemistry)
- Perform ELISAs to support pharmacokinetics and serum biomarker analyses
- Aid in mouse breeding, genotyping, and tissue isolation
- Perform data analysis
- Present findings in group meetings
- BS or MS with 4+ years of research experience in academia or at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Experience in small rodent handling and dosing
- Experience developing and executing in vivo experiments
- RNA extraction, qPCR, and ELISA experience
- Ability to work well in collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism)
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience in neuromuscular disorders is a preferred, but not required.
- Experience performing muscle electromyography or muscle functional assays in mice is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with nucleic acid drugs (siRNA, Antisense, etc.) is a plus
Competitive salary, health and dental insurance, benefits, 401k, stock options, gym membership, etc.
DTx Pharma, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego, CA creating novel RNA-based therapeutics to treat the genetic drivers of disease. The company's proprietary delivery technology platform utilizes fatty acids as targeting ligands to enable the delivery of oligonucleotide therapies to tissues and cell types throughout the body. In preclinical studies, DTx has demonstrated cellular uptake and broad activity of oligonucleotides in the retina, muscle, heart, neurons, T cells, and other specialized cell types. To advance the FALCON platform toward and into clinical development, DTx has raised more than $100M in combined investment from several of the world's leading healthcare investors including RA Capital Management and Access Biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies such as Eli Lilly and Company, the National Institute of Health (NIH), and research foundations such as the CMT Research Foundation (CMTRF). To learn more about DTx Pharma, please visit www.dtxpharma.com and follow DTx on LinkedIn and Twitter @DTxPharma.