Are you ready to join our mission to fight rare diseases? Do you have a passion to help people have better quality of life? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc
team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins® !
Codexis's Biotherapeutics division uses our world-leading CodeEvolver®
protein engineering platform to discover novel therapies for the treatment of genetic disorders and other debilitating disease. We engineer proteins with high efficacy and safety with the goal of delivering the therapeutic to patients as an enzyme replacement, mRNA, or gene therapy.
But we can't do it without YOU!
Codexis Biotherapeutics is rapidly growing, and we are presently seeking to expand our pipeline and diversify applications of our technology platform. To help us meet our goals, we are looking to hire a Scientist I
to join our Biotherapeutics Translational Biology team.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Passionate about large-molecule drug discovery to improve the quality of life for patients with rare diseases.
- Experienced or interested in novel technologies for protein engineering and directed evolution.
- Excited about developing appropriate pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic studies, and models of disease to show efficacy, in order to progress variants into clinical development.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Execution and oversight of preclinical studies in various animal models in support of Codexis' gene therapy portfolio.
- Identifying, developing, and managing external collaborators (academic, industrial partners, and CROs) to support preclinical development programs. Collaborate with CRO's/KOL's to develop relevant animal models.
- Understand and support/conduct the in vitro assays necessary to move programs forward, participate where appropriate in design.
- Identification and validation of translational biomarkers ahead of moving to clinical trials.
- Maintaining a current understanding of the scientific literature related to rare diseases where therapeutic enzymes and proteins could be impactful.
- Representing the Translational Biology group as a member of cross-functional and collaborative project teams.
- Reviewing and analyzing scientific literature to identify opportunities and liabilities for protein therapeutics.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication with Codexis R&D, senior leadership, and external collaborators.
- Preparing and editing nonclinical documents for regulatory submission.
- Participation in discussions with KOL's to obtain feedback on preclinical development programs.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- PhD preferably in Biology or Pharmacology plus 0-2+ years' experience in preclinical drug development.
- Advanced expertise in any the following areas is highly desired: animal protocol management, in vivo study design/execution, and tissue processing.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo pharmacology, experience in gene therapy delivery related to rare neurological and metabolic diseases is a plus.
- Basic understanding of AAV biology and experience with molecular biology and/or biochemical assay techniques is preferred.
- Experience in designing, conducting, monitoring, and interpreting non-clinical efficacy studies with emphasis on translational biomarkers.
- An excellent scientific background as demonstrated through publications in top peer- reviewed journals.
- Successful track record of leading consultants, academic collaborations, and CROs.
- Ability to work independently including data analysis and troubleshooting of experimental results.
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR