The Scientist IV is a scientific leadership position, responsible for providing guidance and alignment between our customer base, the industry at large, commercial teams and service operations. This role will be collaborative and influential in a broad network of business functions in support of delivering high quality services to our valued customers, and driving business growth, brand recognition, and alignment with Eurofins core competencies.
- Develops client and stakeholder relationships through technical leadership and collaboration
- Ensures accurate data management and reporting, with the highest integrity, and manages quality control on project data and reports
- Manages client projects in all phases of study life cycle from study design to reporting
- Takes ownership of mid-size laboratory or research projects with minimal supervision
- Conducts production assays in CGT Biotherapeutic Services
- Adheres to department SOPs and documentation requirements
- Provides training to colleagues and external end users, when required
- Contributes to scientific community, and site research and development objectives
- Accountable for delivering to unit and site key performance metrics (quality, delivery on time)
- Routinely communicates to external and internal stakeholders and presents data/results
- Supports client services team in generating proposals, RFPs, study plans and scope of work preparation. Assists pricing team in completing custom pricing and cost analysis
- Supports site goals and demonstrates Eurofins' competencies, as defined in the job plan
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ)
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology techniques, equipment and assays and processes employed in discovery processes for Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) (e.g. PCR, ddPCR, Stunner, Uncle)
- Scientific expertise in techniques and assays to express, isolate and characterize viral vectors used in CGT
- Experience in appropriate biophysical techniques to assess viral vectors for quality and stability
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in construct design to generate stably transfected cell lines, and screening to ensure outcome
- Ability to trouble-shoot processes and conditions to deliver high-quality product and data for a variety of CGT processes
- Experience in maintaining and trouble-shooting equipment used in the processes to provide CRO services from concept to IND-enabling data packages for CGT (e.g. ddPCR)
- Maintaining a clean work environment to enable molecular biology processes without contamination
- Experience in drafting and executing equipment and method validation in a non-GLP environment
- Experience developing client relationships, supporting technical correspondence, drafting and presenting scientific proposals to clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management, preparing reports and presenting data to stakeholders
Ability / Skills (BMQ)
- B.S., B.A. with 10 years relevant experience
- M.A. or M.S. with 8 years relevant experience
- Ph.D. with 6 years relevant experience
- Combination of Education and Relevant Experience
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, including ability to prepare detailed scientific reports and group presentations.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of international regulatory requirements and aptitude to stay relevant on topical scientific publications.
- Ability to support project management, plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, with appropriate allocation of available resources.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with lab operations, business development, marketing, and outsourcing stakeholders.
- Experience with leading and influencing cross-functional teams effectively
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St. Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays