MID-LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL GEOLOGIST OR HYDROGEOLOGIST
Requisition ID 2021-93346 Work Location US-TN-Knoxville Department / Discipline Environmental Position Type Staff / Permanent
OVERVIEW / RESPONSIBILITIES
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is currently seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our Knoxville, TN team. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills, as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Are you an Environmental Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 3 to 7 years of environmental/consulting experience who enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency, and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers.
Performs moderately complex technical tasks within a broad work-scope, and/or plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates project work for large work-scopes. Standard project assignments include conducting complex environmental, scientific assessment and analysis, and/or managing tasks or projects. Prepares technical proposals and reports, in whole or in part, depending on the size and complexity of the document.
* Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management;
* Motivates, trains and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects; and,
* The position may entail approximately 60% office work and 40% field work on a variety of projects including industrial/commercial, State and Federal sites involving environmental contamination.
Additional Responsibilities might include, but not limited to:
* Prepares Remedial Investigation reports, Remedial/Corrective Action Plans, Remedial designs, and related documents;
* Prepares components of investigation and engineering reports including work summaries, data summaries, engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text;
* Will assist the Project Manager and team with ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations;
* Will work with the Project Manager on technical assignments and management on specific elements of the project (i.e., Task Management);
* Prepares technical evaluations and recommendations;
* Assists in planning of work, scope definition and coordinates development of cost and schedule;
* Assists Project Manager with cost and schedule control;
* Point person for remediation contractors and directs junior level staff overseeing field activities;
* Provides field inspection services to evaluate construction quality and compliance with design drawings and specifications;
* Organizes field work and assigns tasks and provides guidance to staff specialists (Field Task Management);
* Assists in subcontractor procurement;
* Self-implement or oversee implementation of remedial technologies through direct oversight or with assistance of junior level staff;
* Oversight of drilling activities (including DPT/Geoprobe, HSA and Sonic);
* Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions, and remediation system installations;
* Review of contractor submittals including equipment, Work Plans and QA/QC plans;
* Tracking payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals; and,
* Will travel to project sites primarily in Tennessee and surrounding states in the Southeast area; Approximately 25% overnight travel.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* B.S. Degree in Geology or Hydrogeology or related field;
* P.G, or CPG preferable (or willingness to attain license);
* 3 - 7 years environmental experience including environmental remediation;
* Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
* Work experience on Federal Performance Based Contacts (FPBC) and emerging contaminants (i.e., perfluorinated compounds) a plus;
* Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities;
* Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and clients and develop effective teamwork relationships;
* Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required;
* Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Tennessee and surrounding states in the Southeast area; Approximately 25% overnight travel;
* OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120;
* Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com [http://www.woodplc.com]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.