Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital
This position will be located in the Cytometry Department
The Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) is responsible for performing the routine test on blood, tissues, and other body specimens, as well as providing physicians with quality results using a variety of clinical laboratory equipment. The Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) must have a total understanding of patient safety and laboratory techniques necessary to guarantee complete patient safety and anonymity.
* Performs analytical tests on biological specimens, in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures
* Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/ unusual results
* Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results by taking the appropriate action according to protocols
* Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released
* Maintains a safe and efficient work environment by performing equipment checks, cleaning work area, monitoring temperatures following hospital policies, and troubleshoots laboratory equipment
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor of Science in one of the following: Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Biomedical Science, Biology or Biochemistry through a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved program (required)
* Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) or ASCP Certification required
* Externship program completed (required)
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to provide quality, error-free work in a fast-pasted environment
* Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
Bon Secours is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
* Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
* Prescription drug coverage
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance w/AD&D
* An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
* Paid time off
* Educational Assistance
* And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Days/Afternoons (United States of America)
Microbiology - St. Francis Downtown
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org].