Environmental Chemistry Lab Team Manager
ICF is seeking a motivated Environmental Chemistry Lab Team Manager to join our team to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT), located at Fort Meade in Maryland. The team performs soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample analysis and data validation for chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response but also for compliance under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Water Act. The team supports EPA's ambient air monitoring programs through sampling air for Pb and particulates and auditing ambient air analyzers for ozone, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrous oxide under the Clean Air Act. The successful candidate must have or be able to obtain authorization for access to Fort Meade and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Environmental Science Center.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
* Manage a team of 8 or more Chemists and Technicians providing sample analysis, data validation, quality assurance, air monitoring, and laboratory operational support in support of EPA Region 3 programs
* Provide technical input to and technical oversight of the work performed
* Schedule, track and report assignments and work products
* Develop budgets and ensure financial performance of the team
* Supervise technical staff including personnel selection and evaluation
* Serve as the primary technical and management point-of-contact with the EPA client
* Ensure compliance with all technical, quality assurance, and safety requirements
* Bachelor's degree in chemistry or equivalent
* 8+ years of experience supervising organic and/or inorganic analysis of environmental samples using CLP, SW-846 and other EPA methods
* 5+ years of experience in client relations and people management including teams of 5 or more direct reports
* Experience in a NELAC-certified, DOD or DOE environmental laboratory
* Experience with the CLP, EXES, and NFG for data validation
* Proficiency with data acquisition, instrument reporting and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* MUST BE ABLE TO PASS an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property
* Advanced degree in chemistry
* Recent experience with quality assurance program implementation
* "Hands on" experience operating GC, GC/MS, ICP, ICP/MS, HPLC, or similar systems including full use of applicable data acquisition and reporting software
* Recent experience with analytical method development for environmental samples
* Experience in PEP, NPAP, NPEP, Pb PEP for ambient air monitoring
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Maryland Client Office (MD88)