To support ICF's dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking an Environmental Epidemiologist to work in our Health Science Practice. This group within ICF provides hazard, exposure, risk assessment, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals, microbes, and radionuclides. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants, such as metals, pesticides, and volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds, on human health and the environment.
The Environmental Epidemiologist's project work would support federal agencies (such as U.S. EPA and NIEHS), state agencies, and private sector clients in assessing the human health impacts of pollutants. Specific tasks would involve qualitative and quantitative analyses that form the basis of human health hazard, exposure, and risk assessments.
This position will be located in Durham, NC or Fairfax, VA with a November 2020 start date. Work will be remote until offices reopen.
* Support of and project leadership in systematic literature reviews for potentially hazardous agents, including:
* screening available studies for relevance to a research question,
* extracting relevant study data,
* evaluating study design and the risk of bias for included studies,
* synthesizing evidence to reach a hazard conclusion,
* performing quantitative analyses to develop dose-response relationships and meta-analyses, and
* documenting methods, assumptions, conclusions, and key data gaps in a report
* Task and project management
* Interaction and correspondence with clients
* Review of work produced by others
* Development of technical publications and guidance, presentations at conferences, and proposal sections
* Mentoring and training other technical staff
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
* PhD in epidemiology, environmental health, biostatistics, or related subject with focus on environmental epidemiology or Masters with 3 years of relevant experience
* Experience assessing human health impacts of hazardous agents, including support of systematic literature reviews, preferably for government regulatory programs
* Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
* Strong quantitative and statistical skills
* Proficiency in statistical software packages such as R, SAS, or STATA, as well as Microsoft Office software
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work collaboratively under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Durham, NC (NC05)