The Research Biologist is responsible for performing scientific experiments that contribute to Research and Drug discovery activities. This position assists in the conduct of early stage research, the goal of which is the identification of New Chemical Entities (NCEs), as well as the advancement of research programs from the identification of screening hits to advanced lead optimization. The incumbent is also responsible for communicating experimental results to his/her supervisor and the project team.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $32 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
* Under direct supervision, executes experiments and communicates results as part of multi-disciplinary team(s).
* Applies relevant scientific principles and techniques to research problems.
* Maintains detailed laboratory notebooks.
* Abides by all safety requirements.
* Ability to trouble shoot experiments
* Contributes to general laboratory needs/operation.
* Specific duties may also include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* Prepare and maintain primary and established cell culture systems including cell passaging and expansion, cryopreservation, and sterile preparation of maintenance media.
* Provides support for high throughput screening including the design of primary assays, the goal of which is the identification of additional hits and new chemical scaffolds.
* Provides support for lead optimization by screening compounds and/or supporting structure activity relationship (SAR) studies involving the characterization of the biological activity of compounds in various assays. Profiles selected compounds in additional cells/assays.
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with 1- 3 years of research experience.
* Tissue culture experience and exceptional sterile technique required.
* Strong communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office- preferably MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
* Ability to work collaboratively under direct supervision, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment.
* Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
* Immunoassay experience, including experience with immunocytochemistry.
* Experience with assays for protein detection using different platforms (fluorescence microscopy, luminescence, ELISAs, Western blot, MSD etc.)
* Experience with mRNA expression profiling.
skills: Cell Biology, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.