Responsible for oligonucleotide synthesis, cleavage/deprotection and quality control. Perform bacterial transformation, assist with shipping on regular basis.Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Operate and maintain synthesizers in accordance with established protocols.
- Monitor stocks of synthesis reagents and supply to assure uninterrupted production.
- Complete oligo cleavage, deprotection, dry down, and dissolving in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform downstream processing of oligos involving liquid handlers, spectrophotometers, and chromatographs.
- Additional duties include bacterial transformations and assisting shipping tasks, including packaging and doing restriction enzyme digest for gel analysis.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team, meet goals for accuracy, production deadlines and throughput utilizing the company's proprietary gene-synthesis platform and related tools.
- Perform production protocols according to established company operating procedures and assist with general production support as needed.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses outstanding organizational skills, and the demonstrated ability to perform as an effective team member.
He/she will have an educational background involving biochemistry or molecular biology with hands-on experience of commonly used laboratory equipment and procedures. Experience with gene synthesis and liquid handling robots and work experience in an automated high-throughput screening, sequencing group, or genome center is a plus. Good computer skills, precise attention to detail, record keeping, and adherence to protocols is required.
The position will include weekend work from Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30am - 8:00pm.Education
Non-exempt (hourly)Typical Experience
0 - 2 yearsField Of Expertise
Molecular Biology, DNA synthesis, Chemistry, AutomationSupervision
Minimal direct supervision when trainedEquipment Used
DNA synthesizers, centrifuges, pipettors, liquid handling robots, spectrophotometers.Software Used
Windows OS, MS Office, Blue Heron ExplorerAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.