Our global biological resource center has supported the Life Science industry for a century! If you are a Senior Biologist-Virology with experience, please read on!
If you are a Senior Biologist with experience, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Benefits
- Amazing company Culture
- Room for growth
What You Will Be Doing
- Receives and follows work orders, completing work as scheduled.
- Performs viability and purity checks on biological materials.
- Demonstrates competence in propagating and authenticating/characterizing a range of biological materials with no supervision.
- Maintains knowledge of corporate and program policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and maintains instrumentation in good working condition.
- Develops SOPs and departmental documentation, as requested.
- Recognizes critical characteristics of products within relevant area of specialty.
- Actively acquires new lab skills and specialized knowledge.
- Reads and understands relevant scientific literature.
- Compiles and documents data as directed for technical presentation.
- Utilizes advance computer skills. (i.e., expertise in the appropriate fields of our ERP system).
- Enters data in notebooks, batch records or advanced databases.
- Participates in technology transfer as appropriate.
- Performs advanced assays with no supervision.
- Offers suggestions for and contributes to optimization of processes.
- Trains others in laboratory and departmental procedures.
- When appropriate, participates in scientific meetings, seminars and/or workshops to stay abreast of technology advances.
- Communicates effectively with members of all programs as well as with outside collaborators.
- Develops protocols to implement special tests relevant to program specialty.
- Provides training for CSRs and TSRs, as requested.
- Develops and evaluates new and/or existing assays for characterization/authentication of biological materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position
- Experience/knowledge of molecular biology techniques including but not limited to PCR, DNA/RNA extraction and handling; DNA/RNA quantitation, Western Blots, ELISA, etc., and/or assay design (primarily PCR assay design).
- Industry experience or product development preferred.
- Demonstrates an advanced breadth of knowledge and expertise in relevant scientific discipline.
- Experience with growing and handling mammalian cell culture, and virus propagation.
- Experience with a broad range of viruses (DNA/RNA/Enveloped/Non-Enveloped).
- Experience with establishing productive infections of a broad range of viruses in permissive cells, including an understanding of MOI, CPE, and identification, inoculation requirements.
- Experience with handling of large-scale cultures for productive virus growth.
- Experience in determining virus extraction requirements (i.e., supernatant vs. cell extraction).
- Experience with a broad range of cell culture maintenance, e.g., adherent and non-adherent cell lines.
- Experience with the cryopreservation of cell lines.
- Experience with isolating and maintaining primary cells in culture.
So, if you are a Senior Biologist with experience, please apply today!
So, if you are a Senior Biologist with experience, please apply today!Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : KK8-1653229 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Krista Kornchuk - Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.