We have an immediate opening for a Microbiologist/Analyst to support manufacturing and packaging of over the counter drug and nutritional products. Our client is a global life sciences leader in pharmaceutical and healthcare research. You must be able to work other shifts as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or related 4 year science degree required.
* Assigned within the Microbiology area and/or previous experience in microbiology processes is preferred.
* Knowledge, practical application, and understanding of microbiology are necessary to perform the functions of this position.
* Good documentation practices
* Working knowledge of aseptic techniques, environment monitoring methods, Gram staining and microbiological test methods is required.
* Competencies required: analytical problem solving, work within established policies and procedures, effective written and interpretive communication skills, and organization and planning skills.
* Perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on: purchased raw materials, in-process products, pure drug substances and finished pharmaceutical preparations employing standard procedures, in accordance with approved testing procedures of the National Formulary (NF) and the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP).
* Utilize standard "bench" microbiological aseptic technique
* Evaluate all data obtained from analysis; if discrepancy or deviation occurs, consult with Supervisor and recommend additional testing if necessary.
* Adhere to the pertinent aspects of Corporate and plant safety programs and adhering to GMP's, ISO standards or other regulations.
* Prepare microbiological testing media/diluents.
* Perform testing of water samples from Purified (Reverse Osmosis) Water, USP systems.
* Perform microbiological environmental monitoring in production areas and in the Microbiology Laboratory.
* Microbiology Lab Experience (1 year of experience is required)
* GMP (1 year of experience is required)
* Aseptic Technique (1 year of experience is required)
* Media Preparation (1 year of experience is required)
* Bachelors (required)
Working hours: 6 AM - 2:30 PM - must be able to work other shifts as needed.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.