Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a culture that drives continuous improvement of safety, health, and environmental excellence. It is responsible for all EHS programs, activities, and control measures for the site and CTS Fleet. This individual will also be accountable for ensuring compliance with VPP standards and all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements related to occupational health, safety, and environmental compliance. The role maintains CTS compliance with all DOT regulations and coordinates safety training and related activities associated with regulated programs, including OSHA VPP. Included in the position's purview is working with operations management, management staff and employees to ensure safety and environmental compliance. This role serves as the key catalyst in efforts to reduce and eliminate the frequency and severity of injuries through timely and effective investigation, awareness, and training programs.
Major Tasks Include:
• Plan, coordinate and lead Safety Team and Driver Safety Meetings
• Oversee all logging regulations and verifications, including re-audits of any log discrepancies
• Support Human Resources in interviewing and safety determinations and DOT requirements regarding applicants
• Develop and implement safety and health training and awareness programs designed to promote employee participation and support for safety goals and objectives based on thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations
• Maintain regulatory compliance reporting, recordkeeping, and monitoring (OSHA, EPA, FMCSA and DOT).
• Collect and maintain employee data
• Investigate and report all accidents and incidents, including any follow-ups to ensure corrective action
• Provide timely reports/audits to management and oversight as required
• Develop and implement safety and environmental programs that ensure a safe work environment as well as compliance with Company Policies, Federal, State, and local regulations
• Integrate risk control/loss control into daily operations
• Promote safe actions among all business associates
• Administer incentive and award program for CTS
• Responsible for training of CTS on new/revised laws as they relate to the various teams
• Coordinate all location safety, occupational health, and fire protection improvement projects
• Ensure that all employees are properly trained in safety, lift truck operation, Hazard Communication, respiratory protection, spill assessment/response, etc.
• Contribute to personal growth in the safety field by participating in appropriate on the job activities and professional development opportunities
• Intervene in emergency situations in order to minimize the risk to life, safety, and physical assets.
• Ensure and coordinate compliance for claims and procedures with State Workers Compensation laws.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
• Must have at least three (3) years of Environmental, Health, and Safety experience
• Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of work experience
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Working experience with DOT Compliance
• A Degree with a major in Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering, or Business
• Previous experience in a manufacturing, distribution, operations, or transportation environment
• Previous experience leading an OSHA VPP Audit or maintaining VPP status
• Previous supervisory experience
• Previous experience using Continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S, or Six Sigma
• Demonstrated leadership with a focus on organizational performance alignment, and building a culture of trust & integrity
• A history of Building Partnerships and leveraging both internal and external relationships to persuade others to take action
• Proven decision making and high impact communication skills
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.