We are seeking a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our R&D team to participate in the evaluation of new technology, the development of new products, and continuous improvement for the existing NGS technologies.
This is a laboratory-based position and the individual will plan, execute, and analyze experiments for both new and existing NGS products. This position will interact with a diverse and cross-functional team of scientists working in a variety of R&D efforts, and to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team including R&D, Software, Product Managers, Manufacturing, and external partners. Key Responsibilities
- Research related to NGS applications. Maintain a high level of expertise in this area to provide support to the broader scientific team.
- Take accountability for delivering quality results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- Implement project plans and oversee their execution.
- Participate in internal scientific seminars and may represent company/division through talks, tutorials, and publications.
- Transfer new products and processes to Manufacturing.
- Support product launch activities and perform on-market product and manufacturing troubleshooting with a strong "customer-first" mindset.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques relevant to the NGS business unit.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ph.D. with 3 + years of post-doctoral experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other related disciplines, or equivalent industrial experience.
- Master's degree with at least 3 years of R&D-related experience (academic or industry) and strong knowledge of sequencing can be considered.
- Direct research experience with NGS necessary.
- Strong knowledge and skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods) and relevant scientific fields.
- Demonstrate mastery of laboratory methods and show the ability to develop new methods.
- Advanced data analysis is a plus.
- Industrial experience in Product Development is a plus.
- Ability to analyze experimental data, and effectively explain conclusions. Ability to design and execute follow-up experiments independently.
- Ability to use word processing, graphing, presentation, and spreadsheet programs effectively.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills through formal and informal discussions with peers, supervisors, and team.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges, and open to learning new skills.
- Must be organized and keep clear records of experiments and data.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.