ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST in Buffalo, NY
We provide global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The primary function of the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is to assist in administering the Company's safety programs and procedures.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients' lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.In This Role, You Will
- Perform facility safety audits to ensure company and regulatory compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of safety training programs.
- Guiding and participating in incident response teams.
- Test and inspect safety equipment such as eyewashes, showers, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Assist with file maintenance and department record keeping.
- Assist with the completion of regulatory documents.
- Help with the set up of new employee records and their corresponding orientation.
- Guide and promote safe work performance by enforcing safety policies, implementing safety campaigns, and training managers and employees in safe practices and first aid.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or service.
- Participate in self-development activities and training of others.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
- A.S. in Safety, Environmental Science or related field.
- 1-2 years prior relevant experience.
All interested applicants must apply online. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.