Senior Research Associate II, Drug Discovery Liver BiologyLocation: Bedford, MA
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate for the Drug Discovery Liver Biology Group at Homology Medicines. This individual is energetic and self-motivated with a desire to succeed at the highest level, joining a team of scientists aiming to develop unique AAV/Gene Editing technology for targeted indications. This member of our team will play a pivotal role in developing and or evaluating liver-based therapeutics for rare diseases using gene therapy with our novel capsids and our patented gene editing technology. This individual will interact with other team members to design and clone novel constructs, design and execute molecular and cellular assays and experiments to functionally evaluate our gene therapy /gene editing programs, and to define the mechanism of action in appropriate biological targets. Significant cross-functional collaboration with a talented and dedicated group of scientists including molecular biologists, cell biologists, bioinformaticians and virologists will ensure a diverse exposure to the drug discovery process. This position offers the opportunity to take part in the rapid translation of pre-clinical work to application of our technology platform into the clinical setting.ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND DUTIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Design and optimize new in vitro assays to screen, identify, and characterize gene targeting using mammalian cells or tissues and HMI's proprietary AAV technology.
- Design and optimize advanced molecular biology assays to genetically and functionally characterize gene editing, using HMI's proprietary AAV technology.
- Design, clone and assemble optimized gene expression cassettes.
- Strategically design and perform DNA/RNA isolation and analyses, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR.
- Develop functional cell-based assays, WB, ELISA, and enzyme assays.
- Perform laboratory experiments, report data, and suggest future work to management and to project teams.
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebook including accurate and detailed recording of methods, results, data analysis, and conclusions.
- Adept at conducting routine testing and at troubleshooting of multiple methods.
- BS/MS or equivalent;
- 2-5+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience;
- Proven ability to work independently and design experiments, trouble shoot, interpret and report data back to teams;
- Experience with cellular and molecular biology assays including maintenance of mammalian cell cultures (cell lines, IPSCs and/or primary cells), growth and survival assays, cloning, DNA/ RNA extractions, PCR (qPCR and/or ddPCR), DNA electrophoresis, basic immunostaining and image analysis;
- Familiarity with medium and high-throughput cell-based assays or imaging;
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, and organization skills are critical;
- Collaborative and proactive attitude;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and Resume / CV to email@example.comOr Apply on line:
https://careers-homologymedicines.icims.comHomology Medicines, Inc. (HMI) has built foundational intellectual property on gene editing and gene therapy vectors derived from naturally occurring human adeno-associated viruses (AAVs). The Company's technology is precise, on-target and highly efficient for in vivo editing of genetic mutations. This transformative platform technology, combined with an elite leadership team of biopharmaceutical industry veterans, create a significant opportunity for HMI to rapidly advance a diverse pipeline of new medicines that address and potentially cure the underlying cause of genetic diseases.