Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Facility Environmental Manager
at our Emporia, Virginia
Plywood facility. The Facility Environmental Manager creates long term value by ensuring risks are identified and mitigated while sustaining performance improvement and striving for environmental excellence. This is accomplished by providing environmental leadership and strategic direction to the facility leadership and team through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) and adherence to our Guiding Principles.
The Facility Environmental Manager must be able to embrace and lead change, possess strong interpersonal skills and efficiently balance multiple priorities. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of audiences. The successful candidate must also lead by example, be self-motivated, possess strong analytical skills, exhibit sound decision-making, and have proficient organizational skills.
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager of the Emporia Plywood facility, which is located off of I-95 approximately 60 minutes south of Richmond, Virginia.What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Environmental Technical Expert and GP Performance Standard Ownership with oversite of environmental regulations, agency interactions, reporting, risk mitigation, etc.
- Manage compliance of federal (EPA) and state (VADEQ) environmental program requirements, including but not limited to air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste, SPCC, CERCLA/EPCRA, TSCA, and FCC.
- Lead in development and implementation of the Corporate Environmental Management System (7 Element Risk Management System), as well as integration of the environmental management system into the plant's overall Operational Excellence (OpEx) Plan
- Analyze incident and compliance trend data and work with operating departments to reduce risk
- Lead environmental incident investigations, mitigation, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Work with internal/external environmental technical resources and Georgia-Pacific legal resources to seek the best knowledge
- Collaborate with local and divisional management, public relations, technical subject matter experts and other capabilities on issues that affect the local community and external stakeholders
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, or equivalent educational background
- Three plus (+) years of environmental compliance experience in an industrial/manufacturing facility
- Experience managing and implementing Title V Operating permits
- Experience in understanding or ability to quickly understand emissions calculations
- Experience conducting facility audits or inspections to identify improvement areas
- Experience in or basic understanding of project management skills
- Experience implementing key management systems/controls such as Permits, Plans, License & Registration, and Compliance Calendars
- Experience in environmental permitting activities
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com