Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Solid worldwide company with solid promotional opportunities. Excellent relocation and benefits. Job Description
The Manager, Safety & Health will provide world class expertise to fully support the Plant's safety objectives through demonstrated leadership. This position is a member of the Plant senior leadership management team directly responsible for managing the safety systems ensuring the health and welfare of all employees, vendors, contractors, visitors, etc.,
Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Accountable for managing people, setting direction, and deploying safety, health and security resources for the largest asset within Company.
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast changing business and regulatory environment
- Provides input to Plant and departmental strategy
- Manages the safety and security direction for all persons on company premise
- Contributes directly to Plant priorities and planning
- Accountable for the budget, safety performance and results for the largest mill in company accounting for approximately 40% of total company revenue.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of safety, health, and security in support of the production team
- Typically, does not spend more than 30% of time performing the work
- Directly supervises 1 -2 professionals and site security for a location supporting approximately 500 employees and potentially numerous contractors per day during peak events.
- Established methodologies for measuring the effectiveness of plant compliance with OSHA, state and other federal laws
- Provides solutions to complex safety, health and security issues serving as the senior safety leader i.e. best practice/quality safety and health resource, technical expert, train/mentors junior staff
- Conducts studies and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations, and industrial hygiene.
- Investigates accidents and promotes safety-conscious work performance and training programs with defined safety performance measures.
- Designs, develops, implements, and oversees the organization's health, safety and security programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities are in compliance with regulations (includes PSM).
- Manages the safety audits of buildings, facilities, tools, and equipment
- BS Safety, Environmental, Engineering, or related
- 5+ years Safety, Health, and Environmental experience in a PSM environment.