WHY PATIENTS NEED YOU
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. The Oncology Research Unit (ORU) in La Jolla is at the heart of fulfilling that purpose through the advancement of translating science and technology into therapies. As a member of the research and development team, you will engage in cutting edge technologies focusing on the discovery and development of best-in-class medicines for patients around the world.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
The Cancer Biology group is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist at the BS level to join a newly innovative team focused on reprogramming the treatment paradigm to help patients. Our team is focused on targeting and inhibiting mechanisms of resistance that drive Tumor Fitness and Evolution. The research candidate will work closely across the Oncology Research Unit (ORU) and partner divisions that include computational biology, translational pharmacology, phenotypic screening, and chemistry. Applicants will have a knowledge of cancer cell biology and be proficient at performing laboratory-based applications with good scientific techniques.
HOW YOU WILL ACHIEVE IT
* Perform scientific lab based assays across multiple technology platforms
* Collect, analyze and effectively present experimental findings at project team meetings
* Stay current on new laboratory techniques and literature
* Organization in maintaining experimental results in electronic laboratory notebook
* B.S. in Molecular/Cell Biology (or comparable biological science degree) with 0-3 years relevant laboratory experience.
* Proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques maintaining various cell lines (adherent and/or suspension) or performing endpoint assays to monitor cell viability
* Strong track record of molecular biology methods such as Western blotting, RNA isolation, PCR or ELISA
* Extensive knowledge with computer programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, or Graph Pad
* Efficient at working in a fast-paced collaborative team environment with attention to detail and excellent notebook keeping
* Experience with multi-tasking, critical thinking, and ability to troubleshoot independently
* Knowledge in ddPCR and high throughput-based screening
* Experience with 3D spheroid cell cultures
* Experience in functional genomics techniques (CRISPR and/or RNAi) for target assessment
* Experience with microscopy imaging platforms
* Candidate will be required to operate hand-held pipettors, laboratory instruments, standing, sitting, bending, lifting, and walking between laboratories to access various instruments and/or supplies.
* Candidate will also be performing cell culture duties which may require spending several hours sitting in front of a biological safety cabinet.
* Candidate may need to use step stools to climb/reach for items above eye level.
* Must be able to work safely in a laboratory environment with proper personal protective equipment (PPE) which includes but not limited to lab coat, protective eye wear and gloves.
* The job can require standard business office conditions such as standing, walking, and sitting as appropriate during the work schedule.
Other Job Details
* Last Date to Apply: October 20th, 2021
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development