Environmental Technology & Consulting, Inc. has opportunities for On-Call Environmental Field Staff to perform environmental compliance monitoring during construction in multiple counties in north, central or south Florida. Job Details:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Required to work Monday - Saturday (8 - 10 hours a day) with a minimum commitment of one-week..
- Able to work in various environmental conditions to include in and around water, rough terrain, and inclement weather.
- Must have viable transportation and ability to drive to site locations.
- All travel will be reimbursed per federal guidelines.
- Hotels and meals will be reimbursed at cost for days worked in the field. Overnight stays are required if not local to job site. Training and equipment will be provided.
- This is an hourly position and overtime will be paid for all hours over 40-hours per week at time and a half.
Education & Experience:
- Work independently in the field with limited immediate oversight
- Conduct environmental construction oversight/monitoring while working with multiple other consultants while meeting aggressive project schedules.
- Conduct threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, site investigations, ecological surveys and wetland delineations as needed.
- Stay current with applicable regulations related to construction oversight.
- Perform environmental field- and office-based studies for flora and fauna surveys, support avian nest surveys, as well as the preparing of construction monitoring documents .
- Assist project managers and team leads with project management tasks, coordinating field staff and ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of Southeast US native and invasive plant species identification.
- Bachelors preferred with 1-3 years of experience in any combination of the following areas: construction oversight, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), wetland and stream surveys, environmental permit compliance in the Southeast United States and Florida, field- and office-based studies for flora and fauna surveys, avian surveys, and wetland delineation and determinations.
- FDEP Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Inspector certification preferred.
- Previous environmental construction support job experience preferred.
- FWC Gopher Tortoise Agent permit-holder preferred.
- Florida wildlife identification, threatened & endangered species survey/permitting, and wetland delineation/permitting desired.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Strong technical knowledge base in environmental oversight, wetlands, and wildlife
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and expertise regarding construction oversight
- Able to travel extensively to provide oversight at construction sites, conduct fieldwork, and client meetings
ECT is a multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, sustainability, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.